NRI girl to be cremated in Vadodara on Saturday
Vadodara: 24-year-old Tosha Thakkar, who
was murdered in Sydney last week will be cremated Vadodara on
Tosha, daughter of a local businessman Sunil Thakkar, was
allegedly raped and murdered and her body was found stuffed in
a suitcase near a canal in Sydney.
Sunil Thakkar said that Tosha`s dead body is expected
to land at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport in
Ahmedabad on Saturday at around 3:30 am.
"After receiving the body from cargo at the airport, it
will be taken to our residence in Bajwada locality in the city
and a couple of hours later, it will be taken to Khaswadi
crematorium in Karelibag area for cremation, Thakkar said.
The state government has made all the necessary
arrangements at the airport to receive Tosha`s mortal remains,
official sources said.
Tosha was raped before she was murdered allegedly by her
19 year old neighbour Daniel Stani-Reginald of Sri Lankan
origin in Sydney on March 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested
- How to dress like a star within your budget! Get tips right away