NRI girl to be cremated in Vadodara on Saturday
Vadodara: 24-year-old Tosha Thakkar, who
was murdered in Sydney last week will be cremated Vadodara on
Tosha, daughter of a local businessman Sunil Thakkar, was
allegedly raped and murdered and her body was found stuffed in
a suitcase near a canal in Sydney.
Sunil Thakkar said that Tosha`s dead body is expected
to land at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport in
Ahmedabad on Saturday at around 3:30 am.
"After receiving the body from cargo at the airport, it
will be taken to our residence in Bajwada locality in the city
and a couple of hours later, it will be taken to Khaswadi
crematorium in Karelibag area for cremation, Thakkar said.
The state government has made all the necessary
arrangements at the airport to receive Tosha`s mortal remains,
official sources said.
Tosha was raped before she was murdered allegedly by her
19 year old neighbour Daniel Stani-Reginald of Sri Lankan
origin in Sydney on March 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Five effective natural home remedies for treating chikungunya!
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue
- Watch: Urvashi Rautela gives a classical twist to Jacqueline Fernandez's 'Beat Pe Booty'
- Volkswagen's 'CrossBlue' SUV Spotted!