NRI girl to be cremated in Vadodara on Saturday
Vadodara: 24-year-old Tosha Thakkar, who
was murdered in Sydney last week will be cremated Vadodara on
Tosha, daughter of a local businessman Sunil Thakkar, was
allegedly raped and murdered and her body was found stuffed in
a suitcase near a canal in Sydney.
Sunil Thakkar said that Tosha`s dead body is expected
to land at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport in
Ahmedabad on Saturday at around 3:30 am.
"After receiving the body from cargo at the airport, it
will be taken to our residence in Bajwada locality in the city
and a couple of hours later, it will be taken to Khaswadi
crematorium in Karelibag area for cremation, Thakkar said.
The state government has made all the necessary
arrangements at the airport to receive Tosha`s mortal remains,
official sources said.
Tosha was raped before she was murdered allegedly by her
19 year old neighbour Daniel Stani-Reginald of Sri Lankan
origin in Sydney on March 9.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan