NRI girl to be cremated in Vadodara on Saturday
Vadodara: 24-year-old Tosha Thakkar, who
was murdered in Sydney last week will be cremated Vadodara on
Tosha, daughter of a local businessman Sunil Thakkar, was
allegedly raped and murdered and her body was found stuffed in
a suitcase near a canal in Sydney.
Sunil Thakkar said that Tosha`s dead body is expected
to land at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport in
Ahmedabad on Saturday at around 3:30 am.
"After receiving the body from cargo at the airport, it
will be taken to our residence in Bajwada locality in the city
and a couple of hours later, it will be taken to Khaswadi
crematorium in Karelibag area for cremation, Thakkar said.
The state government has made all the necessary
arrangements at the airport to receive Tosha`s mortal remains,
official sources said.
Tosha was raped before she was murdered allegedly by her
19 year old neighbour Daniel Stani-Reginald of Sri Lankan
origin in Sydney on March 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’