NSG, Guj police conduct mock drill at IIM-A
Ahmedabad: Country`s elite commando force
National Security Guard (NSG) along with Gujarat Anti-
Terrorist Squad (ATS) and city police, on Wednesday conducted a
mock security drill at Indian Institute of Management,
"NSG commandos in conjunction with the Gujarat ATS and
city police today conducted a security mock drill at IIM-A,"
Ahmedabad Police Commissioner SK Saikia said.
"Security mock drills are required to check the
preparedness of forces on how well they are able to coordinate
in times of an emergency situation," he said.
Ahmedabad figures amongst the sensitive locations in the
country with regard to terror threats, while IIM-A faces a
high threat perception.
An NSG team had visited Ahmedabad in April 2010 and
inspected all vital installations and sites figuring high
on the terror radar in the city, including the IIM-A, Sardar
Vallabhai International Airport, ISRO and Physical Research
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged