NSG, Guj police conduct mock drill at IIM-A
Ahmedabad: Country`s elite commando force
National Security Guard (NSG) along with Gujarat Anti-
Terrorist Squad (ATS) and city police, on Wednesday conducted a
mock security drill at Indian Institute of Management,
"NSG commandos in conjunction with the Gujarat ATS and
city police today conducted a security mock drill at IIM-A,"
Ahmedabad Police Commissioner SK Saikia said.
"Security mock drills are required to check the
preparedness of forces on how well they are able to coordinate
in times of an emergency situation," he said.
Ahmedabad figures amongst the sensitive locations in the
country with regard to terror threats, while IIM-A faces a
high threat perception.
An NSG team had visited Ahmedabad in April 2010 and
inspected all vital installations and sites figuring high
on the terror radar in the city, including the IIM-A, Sardar
Vallabhai International Airport, ISRO and Physical Research
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study