Of all CMs have suffered maximum injustice at the hands of Centre: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Monday said that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should apologise for the union government`s failure to control inflation.
Addressing different election rallies in the district, Modi attacked Gandhi and the union government over the rising inflation.
"Did it (Congress before 2009 general elections) not promise to check inflation in 100 days if it came to power? Did the prices go down after they (UPA II) came to power? When Soniaji came to Rajkot, she did not speak anything about inflation. Is this not cheating?" Modi said referring to Gandhi`s recent visit to the state.
"Soniaji should apologise for cheating the people of the country on the issue of price rise," Modi stated.
Ridiculing Sonia`s statement that there was no development in Gujarat and that whatever development the state saw was due to the Congress, Modi said that, "while addressing a rally in Ahmedabad, she may even say that this city was established by Ahmed Patel (advisor of Congress President). She has no knowledge of history and that is the reason she is making such statements on development of Gujarat."
Referring to Gandhi`s remarks that chief ministers` of the Congress-ruled states have decided to give three more LPG cylinders at subsidised rates, Modi said, "I want to give much more... We have laid pipelines in the state to supply LPG to households but the Central government has not allowed us to give connections. I am fighting the case in the Supreme Court for the last two years."
Modi went on to say that he completed 11 years as chief minister of the state yesterday (Sunday).
"Of all the chief ministers that the country has seen in the last 60 years, I have suffered maximum injustice at the hands of the Centre," he stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy