One arrested for threatening 2002 riot witness
Ahmedabad: A former aide of underworld don
Abdul Latif, has been arrested for allegedly threatening a
witness in one of the 2002 riot cases, who was stabbed to
death recently, police said on Tuesday.
Mehboob Baig Chotta Baig Moghal was arrested last night
in connection with a complaint registered four months ago at
the University police station here by one Nadeem Sayed, a
witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case of 2002.
Sayed was stabbed to death near his house in Juhapura
early this month by some unidentified assailants.
However, Baig who used to be part of the Latif gang in
the 1980s was arrested under section 507 IPC which is a
non-cognisable and bailable offence and not in connection with
murder of Sayed.
According to case details, Baig had allegedly threatened
Sayed through one of his aides. The threat call was received
by Sayed on his mobile phone over four months ago following
which he registered a complaint with the police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living