One arrested for threatening 2002 riot witness
Ahmedabad: A former aide of underworld don
Abdul Latif, has been arrested for allegedly threatening a
witness in one of the 2002 riot cases, who was stabbed to
death recently, police said on Tuesday.
Mehboob Baig Chotta Baig Moghal was arrested last night
in connection with a complaint registered four months ago at
the University police station here by one Nadeem Sayed, a
witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case of 2002.
Sayed was stabbed to death near his house in Juhapura
early this month by some unidentified assailants.
However, Baig who used to be part of the Latif gang in
the 1980s was arrested under section 507 IPC which is a
non-cognisable and bailable offence and not in connection with
murder of Sayed.
According to case details, Baig had allegedly threatened
Sayed through one of his aides. The threat call was received
by Sayed on his mobile phone over four months ago following
which he registered a complaint with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'