One arrested for threatening 2002 riot witness
Ahmedabad: A former aide of underworld don
Abdul Latif, has been arrested for allegedly threatening a
witness in one of the 2002 riot cases, who was stabbed to
death recently, police said on Tuesday.
Mehboob Baig Chotta Baig Moghal was arrested last night
in connection with a complaint registered four months ago at
the University police station here by one Nadeem Sayed, a
witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case of 2002.
Sayed was stabbed to death near his house in Juhapura
early this month by some unidentified assailants.
However, Baig who used to be part of the Latif gang in
the 1980s was arrested under section 507 IPC which is a
non-cognisable and bailable offence and not in connection with
murder of Sayed.
According to case details, Baig had allegedly threatened
Sayed through one of his aides. The threat call was received
by Sayed on his mobile phone over four months ago following
which he registered a complaint with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers