One-day-old baby thrown off Surat building, dies
Ahmedabad: In a shocker from Surat, a one-day-old baby boy has died after being thrown off the third floor of a building.
The incident took place in Surat`s Puna village.
According to NDTV, police said the infant was admitted to a hospital in a critical condition, but he later succumbed to his injuries. The mother, who was reportedly found unconscious in the apartment on the same floor, is also in hospital in critical condition.
The police have, meanwhile, registered a case of murder against the mother. "We received information on Thursday that a child has been dropped from a flat. The child was alive. When we investigated, we got information that a woman named Puja had thrown the baby. She is also in hospital," a police inspector, MN Parmar, was quoted as saying by NDTV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal