One-day-old baby thrown off Surat building, dies
Ahmedabad: In a shocker from Surat, a one-day-old baby boy has died after being thrown off the third floor of a building.
The incident took place in Surat`s Puna village.
According to NDTV, police said the infant was admitted to a hospital in a critical condition, but he later succumbed to his injuries. The mother, who was reportedly found unconscious in the apartment on the same floor, is also in hospital in critical condition.
The police have, meanwhile, registered a case of murder against the mother. "We received information on Thursday that a child has been dropped from a flat. The child was alive. When we investigated, we got information that a woman named Puja had thrown the baby. She is also in hospital," a police inspector, MN Parmar, was quoted as saying by NDTV.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India