One-day-old baby thrown off Surat building, dies
Ahmedabad: In a shocker from Surat, a one-day-old baby boy has died after being thrown off the third floor of a building.
The incident took place in Surat`s Puna village.
According to NDTV, police said the infant was admitted to a hospital in a critical condition, but he later succumbed to his injuries. The mother, who was reportedly found unconscious in the apartment on the same floor, is also in hospital in critical condition.
The police have, meanwhile, registered a case of murder against the mother. "We received information on Thursday that a child has been dropped from a flat. The child was alive. When we investigated, we got information that a woman named Puja had thrown the baby. She is also in hospital," a police inspector, MN Parmar, was quoted as saying by NDTV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra