One dies, 3 fall ill after drinking locally-brewed liquor in Gujarat
Kutch (Guj): One person died on Tuesday and three others fell ill after they consumed locally-brewed liquor here, police said.
"One person died, while three others have been admitted to a hospital after they consumed locally brewed liquor in Bachchau taluka," Kutch SP (East) Divya Misra said.
The deceased has been identified as Suraj Rabari (35), while the three others are Madhu Rabari (60), Kishore Rabari (45) and Ishwar Rabari (30), police said.
"The condition of one person admitted to hospital is serious," Misra said, adding that the incident may not be a hooch tragedy.
Police is seeking help of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) officials to ascertain the cause behind the death.
In July 2009, as many as 73 people died in a hooch tragedy in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley