One dies, 3 fall ill after drinking locally-brewed liquor in Gujarat
Kutch (Guj): One person died on Tuesday and three others fell ill after they consumed locally-brewed liquor here, police said.
"One person died, while three others have been admitted to a hospital after they consumed locally brewed liquor in Bachchau taluka," Kutch SP (East) Divya Misra said.
The deceased has been identified as Suraj Rabari (35), while the three others are Madhu Rabari (60), Kishore Rabari (45) and Ishwar Rabari (30), police said.
"The condition of one person admitted to hospital is serious," Misra said, adding that the incident may not be a hooch tragedy.
Police is seeking help of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) officials to ascertain the cause behind the death.
In July 2009, as many as 73 people died in a hooch tragedy in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?