One dies, 3 fall ill after drinking locally-brewed liquor in Gujarat
Kutch (Guj): One person died on Tuesday and three others fell ill after they consumed locally-brewed liquor here, police said.
"One person died, while three others have been admitted to a hospital after they consumed locally brewed liquor in Bachchau taluka," Kutch SP (East) Divya Misra said.
The deceased has been identified as Suraj Rabari (35), while the three others are Madhu Rabari (60), Kishore Rabari (45) and Ishwar Rabari (30), police said.
"The condition of one person admitted to hospital is serious," Misra said, adding that the incident may not be a hooch tragedy.
Police is seeking help of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) officials to ascertain the cause behind the death.
In July 2009, as many as 73 people died in a hooch tragedy in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened