One dies, 3 fall ill after drinking locally-brewed liquor in Gujarat
Kutch (Guj): One person died on Tuesday and three others fell ill after they consumed locally-brewed liquor here, police said.
"One person died, while three others have been admitted to a hospital after they consumed locally brewed liquor in Bachchau taluka," Kutch SP (East) Divya Misra said.
The deceased has been identified as Suraj Rabari (35), while the three others are Madhu Rabari (60), Kishore Rabari (45) and Ishwar Rabari (30), police said.
"The condition of one person admitted to hospital is serious," Misra said, adding that the incident may not be a hooch tragedy.
Police is seeking help of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) officials to ascertain the cause behind the death.
In July 2009, as many as 73 people died in a hooch tragedy in Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai