One killed in blast in chemical factory
Ahmedabad: One person was killed and 11
others injured in a blast in the boiler of a chemical
manufacturing company in the Vatva Industrial Area on the
outskirts of the city today, police said.
"One person has died in the incident," Assistant
Commissioner of Police B D Vaishnav said and identified the
victim as Ramesh Zala (45) a labourer.
Police say preliminary probe indicated that the boiler of
the factory had burst due to increased pressure.
Inspector G R Gadhvi said due to the big blast one of the
slabs of the factory had collapsed. He said nine persons had
received burn injuries while two were buried underneath the
rubble of the collapsed concrete slab.
One of them broke his leg while the other was declared
brought dead at the L G Hospital, police said, adding, a case
has been registered and further investigation was on.
The incident took place in the R K Chemicals Factory
which makes different kinds of dyes in its unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand