One more arrested for RTI activist`s murder
Gandhinagar: The crime branch of Ahmedabad police Thursday announced the arrest of one more person for the murder of RTI activist Amit Jethwa.
According to the crime branch, the arrested person has been identified as 28-year-old Pachan Gopalbhai alias Shivbhai Desai.
He is the second person to be arrested in connection with the murder of Jethwa outside the Gujarat High Court on July 20. A police constable, Bahadursinh Vadher, was arrested Aug 16 for the murder.
Vadher had allegedly given the contract on the life of the RTI activist to a hired killer for Rs.11 lakh. It was the seizure of the motorcycle used in the offence that led to its owner Haji Rasul Vora, who spilled the beans saying that it was the policeman who had borrowed it from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren