One more arrested for RTI activist`s murder
Gandhinagar: The crime branch of Ahmedabad police Thursday announced the arrest of one more person for the murder of RTI activist Amit Jethwa.
According to the crime branch, the arrested person has been identified as 28-year-old Pachan Gopalbhai alias Shivbhai Desai.
He is the second person to be arrested in connection with the murder of Jethwa outside the Gujarat High Court on July 20. A police constable, Bahadursinh Vadher, was arrested Aug 16 for the murder.
Vadher had allegedly given the contract on the life of the RTI activist to a hired killer for Rs.11 lakh. It was the seizure of the motorcycle used in the offence that led to its owner Haji Rasul Vora, who spilled the beans saying that it was the policeman who had borrowed it from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday