One-third seats marked as `expenditure sensitive` in Guj: I-T
Ahmedabad: To keep a strict vigil on cash and bullion movement in poll-bound Gujarat, I-T department has deputed its teams in every district and airport in the state and have also flagged around one-third seats as `expenditure sensitive`, a top official said here on Friday.
The Election Commission and the I-T department have kept around 60 out of total 182 constituencies in this slot and have decided on a bigger deployment there.
"We have placed one team in every district of Gujarat, which shall be functioning under investigation wing. A control room operational 24X7 with a toll free helpline number has also been set up in Ahmedabad," Harish Kumar, Gujarat I-T Director Investigation said.
Certain constituencies have been identified as sensitive for cash and bullion movement, where deployment shall be bigger, he said.
As per officials, any person or a group of persons if found carrying over Rs 2.5 lakh unaccounted cash, will be detained.
The Election Commission announced yesterday that Assembly polls in Gujarat will be held in two phases -- on December 13 and 17. The notification for the polls will be issued on November 17 and counting of votes will take place on December 20.
Election authorities have roped in departments like Customs, Income Tax as well as officials of local civic bodies, who will be working in tandem with EC-appointed expenditure observers and assistant observers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India