One-third seats marked as `expenditure sensitive` in Guj: I-T
Ahmedabad: To keep a strict vigil on cash and bullion movement in poll-bound Gujarat, I-T department has deputed its teams in every district and airport in the state and have also flagged around one-third seats as `expenditure sensitive`, a top official said here on Friday.
The Election Commission and the I-T department have kept around 60 out of total 182 constituencies in this slot and have decided on a bigger deployment there.
"We have placed one team in every district of Gujarat, which shall be functioning under investigation wing. A control room operational 24X7 with a toll free helpline number has also been set up in Ahmedabad," Harish Kumar, Gujarat I-T Director Investigation said.
Certain constituencies have been identified as sensitive for cash and bullion movement, where deployment shall be bigger, he said.
As per officials, any person or a group of persons if found carrying over Rs 2.5 lakh unaccounted cash, will be detained.
The Election Commission announced yesterday that Assembly polls in Gujarat will be held in two phases -- on December 13 and 17. The notification for the polls will be issued on November 17 and counting of votes will take place on December 20.
Election authorities have roped in departments like Customs, Income Tax as well as officials of local civic bodies, who will be working in tandem with EC-appointed expenditure observers and assistant observers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed