Over 15 tonne red sander wood seized in Kutch
Kutch: Over 15 tonnes of red sander wood,
worth over Rs 15 crore, was seized from a warehouse in
Gandhidham town of the district, police said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, a raid was conducted late last night
at the warehouse in Gadpadar village on the outskirts of
Gandhidham where the police found over 15 tonnes of red sander
wood, they said.
The warehouse was given on lease to a Delhi-based company
by its owner. The Customs and the Directorate of Revenue
Intelligence officials have been informed about the seizure,
the police said.
A case has been registered and further investigation is
on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends