Pak national escapes from police lock-up in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A Pakistani national, who was caught on the Indian side of the border in Santalpur area seven months ago on Sunday today escaped from a police lock-up.
"Parbat Amarsingh Koli (25) today ran away from the Santalpur police lock-up and we have launched a massive man-hunt," Superintendent of Police, Patan, Saurabh Tolambia said.
Border Security Force too had been alerted, he added.
"We have assigned five teams for this operation, sent his photo to all local newspapers as well as television channels and also roped in the help of neighbouring district police," Tolambia said.
Koli gave police the slip when he was asked to step out of the lock up for cleaning purposes.
BSF had caught him about seven months ago.
"We had interrogated him to ascertain why he had crossed the border illegally, how he did that and was he having any contacts here. But he was non-cooperative," said Tolambia.
"As his interrogation was not fruitful we had informed the Gujarat government as well as Government of India and deportation process was underway," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed