Pak national escapes from police lock-up in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A Pakistani national, who was caught on the Indian side of the border in Santalpur area seven months ago on Sunday today escaped from a police lock-up.
"Parbat Amarsingh Koli (25) today ran away from the Santalpur police lock-up and we have launched a massive man-hunt," Superintendent of Police, Patan, Saurabh Tolambia said.
Border Security Force too had been alerted, he added.
"We have assigned five teams for this operation, sent his photo to all local newspapers as well as television channels and also roped in the help of neighbouring district police," Tolambia said.
Koli gave police the slip when he was asked to step out of the lock up for cleaning purposes.
BSF had caught him about seven months ago.
"We had interrogated him to ascertain why he had crossed the border illegally, how he did that and was he having any contacts here. But he was non-cooperative," said Tolambia.
"As his interrogation was not fruitful we had informed the Gujarat government as well as Government of India and deportation process was underway," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II