Pak national escapes from police lock-up in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A Pakistani national, who was caught on the Indian side of the border in Santalpur area seven months ago on Sunday today escaped from a police lock-up.
"Parbat Amarsingh Koli (25) today ran away from the Santalpur police lock-up and we have launched a massive man-hunt," Superintendent of Police, Patan, Saurabh Tolambia said.
Border Security Force too had been alerted, he added.
"We have assigned five teams for this operation, sent his photo to all local newspapers as well as television channels and also roped in the help of neighbouring district police," Tolambia said.
Koli gave police the slip when he was asked to step out of the lock up for cleaning purposes.
BSF had caught him about seven months ago.
"We had interrogated him to ascertain why he had crossed the border illegally, how he did that and was he having any contacts here. But he was non-cooperative," said Tolambia.
"As his interrogation was not fruitful we had informed the Gujarat government as well as Government of India and deportation process was underway," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden