Pandit`s hunger strike enters third day; Guj min pays visit
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Agriculture Minister Babu Bokhiria on Friday met Vinod Pandit, the chairman of All Parties Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC), whose indefinite hunger strike entered third day today in Porbandar.
Pandit had launched his fast on January 30 to press for six demands of Kashmiri Hindus, including that of having a dialogue with Pakistan for facilitating visit to Shardha Peeth temple in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
The APMCC chairman started the strike after the Jammu and Kashmir government as well as the Centre reportedly failed to meet their six-point charter of demands.
"We are very grateful to the minister as he paid a visit and enquired about the health of Vinod Pandit," APMCC national spokesperson King Bharati told reporters.
"The minister gave us a patient hearing and assured us that he will forward our memorandum of demands to the President, Prime Minister, J&K Chief Minister, Governor as well as Gujarat Chief Minister. He extended state government`s full support to our genuine cause," Bharati said.
Many BJP activists have pledged their support to Kashmiri Hindus and APMCC`s demands, he added.
"A team of doctors conducted a medical check-up and took blood samples of Pandit. Even though he has lost 2 kgs weight since he began his hunger strike and has become a little weak, he is fine," Bharati said.
APMCC Kashmir in-charge Sandeep Bhat expressed hope that their demands would be soon fulfilled.
The J&K government must come out with a time-frame to resolve the issue immediately, he demanded and accused the government of ignoring the sentiments of Kashmiri Hindus, resulting in disappointment among the community.
Establishment of Shardha Peeth University in J&K; probe into the multi-crore temple/shrines land encroachment in Kashmir, passage of the pending Kashmir Temples and Shrines Bill in J&K Legislative Assembly; one time compensation for over-aged migrant Kashmiri Hindu youth and special employment package for non-migrant Hindus of Kashmir Valley are some of their other demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi