Pandya murder case: Zadafiya demands fresh probe
Ahmedabad: Alleging that the erstwhile NDA
government at the Centre was responsible for lapses in CBI
probe into Haren Pandya murder case, former minister Gordhan Zadafiya on Tuesday appealed to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi to ask the agency for a re-investigation.
"I believe 90 per cent of the investigation was done
during NDA rule. How it (CBI) was used I do not know but it
was their (NDA`s) responsibility," Zadafiya told reporters
here when asked about a possible "misuse" of the agency during
NDA rule in connection with the case.
Appealing to Modi to take a call and approach CBI for
reinvestigation, Zadaphiya said that "instead of blaming CBI,
we need to find out who was directing the probe in the killing
of Pandya (and) where were the crucial documents and evidence"
Gujarat High Court had yesterday dropped murder charges
against the 12 accused of killing former minister Haren Pandya
in 2003 while upholding a trial court`s verdict convicting
them of criminal conspiracy and terrorism under the Prevention
of Terrorism Act (POTA).
The high court had also slammed CBI, terming the
investigations into the murder case as `botched up` and
"And if CBI shows its unwillingness, Modi should approach
the Supreme Court and get the case probed by a special
investigation team (SIT)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest