Pandya murder case: Zadafiya demands fresh probe
Ahmedabad: Alleging that the erstwhile NDA
government at the Centre was responsible for lapses in CBI
probe into Haren Pandya murder case, former minister Gordhan Zadafiya on Tuesday appealed to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi to ask the agency for a re-investigation.
"I believe 90 per cent of the investigation was done
during NDA rule. How it (CBI) was used I do not know but it
was their (NDA`s) responsibility," Zadafiya told reporters
here when asked about a possible "misuse" of the agency during
NDA rule in connection with the case.
Appealing to Modi to take a call and approach CBI for
reinvestigation, Zadaphiya said that "instead of blaming CBI,
we need to find out who was directing the probe in the killing
of Pandya (and) where were the crucial documents and evidence"
Gujarat High Court had yesterday dropped murder charges
against the 12 accused of killing former minister Haren Pandya
in 2003 while upholding a trial court`s verdict convicting
them of criminal conspiracy and terrorism under the Prevention
of Terrorism Act (POTA).
The high court had also slammed CBI, terming the
investigations into the murder case as `botched up` and
"And if CBI shows its unwillingness, Modi should approach
the Supreme Court and get the case probed by a special
investigation team (SIT)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note