Pandya murder: CBI mulling to challenge HC order
New Delhi: The CBI is considering to
challenge in the Supreme Court the Gujarat High Court order
acquitting 12 accused in the Haren Pandya murder case.
The high court in its August 29 order partly allowed the
appeals of the 12 accused, acquitting them from the charges of
murder while convicting them under section of criminal
conspiracy, attempt to murder of IPC and relevant sections of
Arms Act and POTA.
"The high court order is being examined by CBI for filing
a Special Leave Petition in the Supreme Court against the
order of the Gujarat High Court for partial acquittal of the
accused persons," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here
The former Gujarat home minister was shot dead on March
26, 2003 from a close range in Law Garden area of Ahmedabad
and CBI took over investigation of the case.
"Prior to this offence, an attempt was made on the life
of a local VHP leader named Jagdish Tewari on March 11, 2003,"
According to Mishra, during investigation, CBI arrested
15 accused persons and on interrogation, it emerged that these
two incidents were part of a single conspiracy to spread
terror among people in the aftermath of the post-Godhra riots.
"The offenders were illegally sent to Pakistan by
absconding accused Rasul Parti and Mufti Sufiyan Patangia
(currently based in Pakistan) and trained at the behest of ISI
of Pakistan," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM