Parts of Junagadh observe bandh to protest Mahant`s murder
Junagadh (Gujarat): Parts of Junagadh city and villages near Girnar observed bandh on Saturday in protest against the murder of Mahant Ramanand Bharthi of Khetalia Bapa temple here.
Bharthi was shot dead in his car by unidentified persons on Friday, which was said to be a fallout of a land related dispute, according to sources.
"Parts of Junagadh city and neighbouring villages of Girnar remained shut on Saturday in protest against Mahant Bharthi`s killing," Mahant Mahadeo Giri said.
The killers have not been identified yet and though police have launched a manhunt to nab the culprits, there was no breakthrough so far, he said.
When asked about the motive behind the killing, Giri said that it appeared to be the fallout of a land related dispute.
A case was registered in this regard at Junagadh taluka police station and investigations were underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA