Parts of Junagadh observe bandh to protest Mahant`s murder
Junagadh (Gujarat): Parts of Junagadh city and villages near Girnar observed bandh on Saturday in protest against the murder of Mahant Ramanand Bharthi of Khetalia Bapa temple here.
Bharthi was shot dead in his car by unidentified persons on Friday, which was said to be a fallout of a land related dispute, according to sources.
"Parts of Junagadh city and neighbouring villages of Girnar remained shut on Saturday in protest against Mahant Bharthi`s killing," Mahant Mahadeo Giri said.
The killers have not been identified yet and though police have launched a manhunt to nab the culprits, there was no breakthrough so far, he said.
When asked about the motive behind the killing, Giri said that it appeared to be the fallout of a land related dispute.
A case was registered in this regard at Junagadh taluka police station and investigations were underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!