Parts of Junagadh observe bandh to protest Mahant`s murder
Junagadh (Gujarat): Parts of Junagadh city and villages near Girnar observed bandh on Saturday in protest against the murder of Mahant Ramanand Bharthi of Khetalia Bapa temple here.
Bharthi was shot dead in his car by unidentified persons on Friday, which was said to be a fallout of a land related dispute, according to sources.
"Parts of Junagadh city and neighbouring villages of Girnar remained shut on Saturday in protest against Mahant Bharthi`s killing," Mahant Mahadeo Giri said.
The killers have not been identified yet and though police have launched a manhunt to nab the culprits, there was no breakthrough so far, he said.
When asked about the motive behind the killing, Giri said that it appeared to be the fallout of a land related dispute.
A case was registered in this regard at Junagadh taluka police station and investigations were underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi