Parts of Junagadh observe bandh to protest Mahant`s murder
Junagadh (Gujarat): Parts of Junagadh city and villages near Girnar observed bandh on Saturday in protest against the murder of Mahant Ramanand Bharthi of Khetalia Bapa temple here.
Bharthi was shot dead in his car by unidentified persons on Friday, which was said to be a fallout of a land related dispute, according to sources.
"Parts of Junagadh city and neighbouring villages of Girnar remained shut on Saturday in protest against Mahant Bharthi`s killing," Mahant Mahadeo Giri said.
The killers have not been identified yet and though police have launched a manhunt to nab the culprits, there was no breakthrough so far, he said.
When asked about the motive behind the killing, Giri said that it appeared to be the fallout of a land related dispute.
A case was registered in this regard at Junagadh taluka police station and investigations were underway, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa