‘Peace and harmony propelled Guj’s development’
Vadodara: Asserting that tranquil atmosphere
in Gujarat had put it on the fast trajectory of growth, Chief
Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday dared the Congress-led UPA
government to "compete" with the state on development front.
"Gujarat and development have become synonymous to each
other. This is because of the atmosphere of peace, unity and
harmony that prevails in the state, which has become a
yardstick of development. I appeal to the Union government to
compete with Gujarat," Modi told a public meeting after
holding a day-long Sadbhavna fast at Bharuch.
"Riots and curfews have become the days of past in
Gujarat. Unity, harmony, peace and integrity were the aim of
Sadbhavana Mission and Gujarat`s development was solely based
on it," he said, announcing a development package of Rs 1,675
crore for Bharuch district.
Coming down heavily on UPA government for drastic price
hike and failure in controlling inflation in the country
Modi said, Gujarat has changed the definition of development.
Meanwhile, according to the state government officials,
at least 12,000 people also observed fast expressing their
solidarity with the cause.
Congress leaders, led by the Union minister of state for
Road Transport and Highways Tushar Chaudhary also
simultaneously observed `Satkarm` (good deeds) fast in Bharuch
to counter Modi`s fast accusing the ruling BJP government of
large-scale corruption and spending of the state funds meant
for development on fasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves