‘Peace and harmony propelled Guj’s development’
Vadodara: Asserting that tranquil atmosphere
in Gujarat had put it on the fast trajectory of growth, Chief
Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday dared the Congress-led UPA
government to "compete" with the state on development front.
"Gujarat and development have become synonymous to each
other. This is because of the atmosphere of peace, unity and
harmony that prevails in the state, which has become a
yardstick of development. I appeal to the Union government to
compete with Gujarat," Modi told a public meeting after
holding a day-long Sadbhavna fast at Bharuch.
"Riots and curfews have become the days of past in
Gujarat. Unity, harmony, peace and integrity were the aim of
Sadbhavana Mission and Gujarat`s development was solely based
on it," he said, announcing a development package of Rs 1,675
crore for Bharuch district.
Coming down heavily on UPA government for drastic price
hike and failure in controlling inflation in the country
Modi said, Gujarat has changed the definition of development.
Meanwhile, according to the state government officials,
at least 12,000 people also observed fast expressing their
solidarity with the cause.
Congress leaders, led by the Union minister of state for
Road Transport and Highways Tushar Chaudhary also
simultaneously observed `Satkarm` (good deeds) fast in Bharuch
to counter Modi`s fast accusing the ruling BJP government of
large-scale corruption and spending of the state funds meant
for development on fasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement