People of Gujarat support my Govt: Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said that his government had been able to rule the
state for ten years due to support of the people, in spite of
a hate campaign against the state.
"Six crore people of Gujarat have supported this
government for ten years because it is steadily
progressing...," Modi said, concluding day-long Sadbhavna fast
in Junagadh district.
"Detractors of the state have used all the bad words in
the dictionary to describe this government but still the
people have supported this government.
"Congress has tried to divide the state on religious and
caste lines...It has shown negative mentality," he said.
"The Congress party is out of power for many years in
Gujarat and cannot dream to come to power in the next 25
years in the state due to its negative mentality," he added.
"With this Sadbhavna fast I am trying to bring in peace,
unity and harmony."
Modi announced Rs 600-crore package for the Sorath
region, famous for saints and pilgrimage around the Girnar, in
addition to Rs 1,055 crore for Junagadh city and the district.
About 8,000 people joined his fast today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"