People of Gujarat support my Govt: Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said that his government had been able to rule the
state for ten years due to support of the people, in spite of
a hate campaign against the state.
"Six crore people of Gujarat have supported this
government for ten years because it is steadily
progressing...," Modi said, concluding day-long Sadbhavna fast
in Junagadh district.
"Detractors of the state have used all the bad words in
the dictionary to describe this government but still the
people have supported this government.
"Congress has tried to divide the state on religious and
caste lines...It has shown negative mentality," he said.
"The Congress party is out of power for many years in
Gujarat and cannot dream to come to power in the next 25
years in the state due to its negative mentality," he added.
"With this Sadbhavna fast I am trying to bring in peace,
unity and harmony."
Modi announced Rs 600-crore package for the Sorath
region, famous for saints and pilgrimage around the Girnar, in
addition to Rs 1,055 crore for Junagadh city and the district.
About 8,000 people joined his fast today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why