People of Gujarat support my Govt: Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said that his government had been able to rule the
state for ten years due to support of the people, in spite of
a hate campaign against the state.
"Six crore people of Gujarat have supported this
government for ten years because it is steadily
progressing...," Modi said, concluding day-long Sadbhavna fast
in Junagadh district.
"Detractors of the state have used all the bad words in
the dictionary to describe this government but still the
people have supported this government.
"Congress has tried to divide the state on religious and
caste lines...It has shown negative mentality," he said.
"The Congress party is out of power for many years in
Gujarat and cannot dream to come to power in the next 25
years in the state due to its negative mentality," he added.
"With this Sadbhavna fast I am trying to bring in peace,
unity and harmony."
Modi announced Rs 600-crore package for the Sorath
region, famous for saints and pilgrimage around the Girnar, in
addition to Rs 1,055 crore for Junagadh city and the district.
About 8,000 people joined his fast today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune