People of Gujarat support my Govt: Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said that his government had been able to rule the
state for ten years due to support of the people, in spite of
a hate campaign against the state.
"Six crore people of Gujarat have supported this
government for ten years because it is steadily
progressing...," Modi said, concluding day-long Sadbhavna fast
in Junagadh district.
"Detractors of the state have used all the bad words in
the dictionary to describe this government but still the
people have supported this government.
"Congress has tried to divide the state on religious and
caste lines...It has shown negative mentality," he said.
"The Congress party is out of power for many years in
Gujarat and cannot dream to come to power in the next 25
years in the state due to its negative mentality," he added.
"With this Sadbhavna fast I am trying to bring in peace,
unity and harmony."
Modi announced Rs 600-crore package for the Sorath
region, famous for saints and pilgrimage around the Girnar, in
addition to Rs 1,055 crore for Junagadh city and the district.
About 8,000 people joined his fast today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video