People voted for me because I delivered: Narendra Modi
Chennai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said he was re-elected by the people for his development initiatives and any government which fails to do so will be shown the exit.
"I can proudly say BJP has been working for development and the people of Gujarat have therefore given us successive mandates," Modi said addressing party supporters at the airport.
Modi claimed people are `dejected` with the ruling UPA.
He charged the Congress-led UPA with corruption and not delivering on development agenda and warned that people may vote out the party in the ensuing Parliamentary polls.
Paying rich tributes to AIADMK founder and former Chief Minister M G Ramachandran on his 96th birth anniversary, Modi who was on a personal visit here, said the leader had brought joy to the lives of many people by his welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit