People voted for me because I delivered: Narendra Modi
Chennai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said he was re-elected by the people for his development initiatives and any government which fails to do so will be shown the exit.
"I can proudly say BJP has been working for development and the people of Gujarat have therefore given us successive mandates," Modi said addressing party supporters at the airport.
Modi claimed people are `dejected` with the ruling UPA.
He charged the Congress-led UPA with corruption and not delivering on development agenda and warned that people may vote out the party in the ensuing Parliamentary polls.
Paying rich tributes to AIADMK founder and former Chief Minister M G Ramachandran on his 96th birth anniversary, Modi who was on a personal visit here, said the leader had brought joy to the lives of many people by his welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!