People voted for me because I delivered: Narendra Modi
Chennai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said he was re-elected by the people for his development initiatives and any government which fails to do so will be shown the exit.
"I can proudly say BJP has been working for development and the people of Gujarat have therefore given us successive mandates," Modi said addressing party supporters at the airport.
Modi claimed people are `dejected` with the ruling UPA.
He charged the Congress-led UPA with corruption and not delivering on development agenda and warned that people may vote out the party in the ensuing Parliamentary polls.
Paying rich tributes to AIADMK founder and former Chief Minister M G Ramachandran on his 96th birth anniversary, Modi who was on a personal visit here, said the leader had brought joy to the lives of many people by his welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement