People voted for me because I delivered: Narendra Modi
Chennai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said he was re-elected by the people for his development initiatives and any government which fails to do so will be shown the exit.
"I can proudly say BJP has been working for development and the people of Gujarat have therefore given us successive mandates," Modi said addressing party supporters at the airport.
Modi claimed people are `dejected` with the ruling UPA.
He charged the Congress-led UPA with corruption and not delivering on development agenda and warned that people may vote out the party in the ensuing Parliamentary polls.
Paying rich tributes to AIADMK founder and former Chief Minister M G Ramachandran on his 96th birth anniversary, Modi who was on a personal visit here, said the leader had brought joy to the lives of many people by his welfare schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone