PIL against Gujarat Agriculture Minister over `ill-gotten wealth`
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday issued a notice to the state agriculture minister Babu Bokhiria on a public interest litigation seeking investigation into his `illegally amassed` wealth.
Division bench of Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya and Justice JB Pardiwala also issued a notice to the state government, seeking a reply.
Petitioner Natwar Karavadra alleges that Bokhiria has amassed immense wealth through illegal activities, including land-grabbing in Porbandar district and illegal mining.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi is shielding the minister, the PIL further says.
Bokhiria and three others were sentenced to three years in jail by a Porbandar court in a case related to illegal limestone mining in June this year; but the ruling was stayed by the sessions court.
The PIL will come up for further hearing after the Diwali vacations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city