PIL against Gujarat Agriculture Minister over `ill-gotten wealth`
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday issued a notice to the state agriculture minister Babu Bokhiria on a public interest litigation seeking investigation into his `illegally amassed` wealth.
Division bench of Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya and Justice JB Pardiwala also issued a notice to the state government, seeking a reply.
Petitioner Natwar Karavadra alleges that Bokhiria has amassed immense wealth through illegal activities, including land-grabbing in Porbandar district and illegal mining.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi is shielding the minister, the PIL further says.
Bokhiria and three others were sentenced to three years in jail by a Porbandar court in a case related to illegal limestone mining in June this year; but the ruling was stayed by the sessions court.
The PIL will come up for further hearing after the Diwali vacations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links