PIL seeks ban on Sonia`s photos in Govt`s ads
Ahmedabad: A PIL has been filed in the Gujarat High Court seeking a prohibition order on Central government`s advertisements carrying photos of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, who does not hold any constitutional position.
Dhaval Shah, a resident of the city through the PIL, has sought the court`s directions to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme implementation, to stop publication and withdrawal of advertisements being published and telecast in the state ahead of the elections.
The said advertisements, showing Sonia`s photographs are titled as "Twenty Point Programme and Central Sector Projects Contributing to Gujarat`s Overall Development".
The petitioner has claimed that a president or chairman of any national/regional party be it Congress, BJP or any other political party has no constitutional position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!