Plan to install 300 CCTV cameras in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Following the terror attacks in Mumbai recently, Ahmedabad police has decided to install 300 CCTV cameras at over 100 important locations across the city.
In order to roll out the project, there is a plan to form a citizen`s security trust, which will raise funds.
"With the recent terror attacks in Mumbai, we feel that there is a an urgent need to have a network of CCTV cameras in a city like Ahmedabad, which has always been on the terror
target," Police commissioner S K Sinha told a news agency.
"The government procedure takes time, but we require the CCTV network to be installed at the earliest. Therefore, we plan to form `Ahmedabad Citizen Security Trust (ACST)`, which
would fund the project for the initial three years, after which, it would be merged into the government programme," Sinha said.
"The funds raised through donations would be used only for the purpose of installing CCTV cameras across the city at over 100 locations," he added.
Under the project, the ACST would hire services of BSNL, which will install 300 CCTV cameras at over 100 important locations across the city, including the entry-exit points,
malls, sensitive areas, railway stations, bus stops and airports.
"Images from the CCTV cameras would be transmitted through 3G broadband network to the police control room, from where, monitoring would be done," Sinha said.
He added that the cameras would not only help in case of terror attacks, but also in the detection of local crime and traffic related offenses.
The police commissioner said that such systems need to be installed immediately, considering the terror threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons