PM has no right to stay in office: Gujarat CM
Mandvi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Thursday said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had no
right to continue in the office in view of the Supreme Court`s
ruling in the 2G spectrum case.
"When the Supreme Court has given a clear verdict,
Manmohan Singh has no right to stay in the post even for a
minute," Modi said, addressing a Sadbhavna fast meeting here.
"I dare the Prime Minister to give up his silence
and resign," he said.
Modi also targeted Union Home Minister P Chidambaram,
saying that "the court has established charges against
Chidambaram. The Supreme Court has directed the lower court to
hold a trial".
"After the apex court`s directives, Congress has come
out in the open to save him," Modi said.
"This raises a suspicion that entire Manmohan Singh-led
government is making all these efforts not to save
Chidambaram but all those people who are behind him and whose
names have still not cropped up," Modi said.
"In the history of the country, we have not seen such a
scam where the country`s exchequer was looted to the tune of
Rs 1.76 lakh crore."
The apex court today cancelled 122 telecom licenses
granted during the tenure of former telecom minister A Raja,
saying that first-come-first-served policy was wrong. As to
Chidambaram, the Court left it to the trial court to decide on
the demand for investigation of his alleged role in the 2G
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!