PM Modi`s tableau a hit in Rathyatra
Ahmedabad: Though he missed the city`s Rathyatra this time, yet Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s fans took out a huge tableau of him and made his presence felt in the procession of Lord Jagannath`s chariot.
The popularity of the former Chief Minister of Gujarat was witnessed with the screams and slogans of "Modi Modi," when a tableau showing a man wearing a mask, which was a look alike of Modi, passed through the procession.
The tableau also showed the man (Modi look alike) displaying the sign of victory standing in a replica of Parliament, indicating the win he got in the recent Lok Sabha polls.
Also, `Modi` was shown among the `SAARC` leaders while showing a gesture of friendship with countries including Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Nepal, reminding the people of the PM`s invitation to their leaders during his swearing-in ceremony.
Modi was the only chief minister of Gujarat who had performed `Pahind Vidhi`(symbolic path cleaning on chariot of Lord Jagannath) for a record 12 times.
In a tweet today, Modi recollected the fond memories and said that he cherished that experience.
He also greeted the people on the occasion of the 137th Rathyatra of Lord Jagannath and prayed for peace, prosperity and rains in the country.
The Rathyatra began from the over 400-year-old iconic Jagannath temple in Jamalpur area in the city amid tight security.
This time `Pahind Vidhi` was performed by the state`s first woman Chief Minister Anandi Patel.
The Rathyatra will traverse through about 14 kms route in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan