PM`s remarks on Shah biggest joke of 2011: Modi
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Thursday launched a scathing attack on Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh saying his remark on Amit Shah was the
"biggest joke of 2011".
"Prime Minister tried to associate Gujarat in his
press conference to wash off the stains on himself. This is
the joke of the year 2011. This is laughable," he said.
In a veiled reference to Shah during his interaction
with TV editors yesterday, Singh said, "The Opposition
parties, particularly BJP has taken a hostile attitude and the
reasons that have been given frankly I cannot mention it in
public... because you have taken some decision against a
particular person, who was a minister in Gujarat, you must
reverse it. I don`t want to add further."
"Instead of blaming any minister from Gujarat or the
state government, the prime minister should give true facts
about his failures before the people of India," the Gujarat
chief minister said.
Singh made the comments while blaming the Opposition
for the delay in introduction of the Constitution Amendment
Bill on Goods and Service Tax (GST).
Shah, a former minister of state for home in the Modi
government, was arrested by CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case and is now out on bail.
Criticising Singh for blaming the BJP for delay in the
economic reforms, Modi said, "Now when the prime minister has
accepted his helplessness in running the government, he should
put forward true facts on his government`s failure to carry
forward economic reforms and GST. BJP and Gujarat government
has always shown a positive attitude toward economic reforms
Modi demanded that the Union government make public,
the proceedings and minutes of meetings held during the last
two years of the empowered committee formed for implementation
It will become clear that only talks of reforming the
system have been discussed in the meetings and nothing
concrete has taken place, he said.
Modi said during a meeting with Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee on the issue of GST a year ago, he had told
him that GST cannot be implemented unless information
technology network is installed in the entire country.
"Mukherjee, in the meeting, itself had instructed his
staff members to form a task force for implementation of
information and technology network in the entire country.
However, no progress has been made on the issue after one
year," he said.
Not only non-Congress state government but those who
are supporting the UPA have also made it clear to the Centre
that it should not play with the states` interests on the
issue of GST, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH