PM`s remarks on Shah biggest joke of 2011: Modi
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Thursday launched a scathing attack on Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh saying his remark on Amit Shah was the
"biggest joke of 2011".
"Prime Minister tried to associate Gujarat in his
press conference to wash off the stains on himself. This is
the joke of the year 2011. This is laughable," he said.
In a veiled reference to Shah during his interaction
with TV editors yesterday, Singh said, "The Opposition
parties, particularly BJP has taken a hostile attitude and the
reasons that have been given frankly I cannot mention it in
public... because you have taken some decision against a
particular person, who was a minister in Gujarat, you must
reverse it. I don`t want to add further."
"Instead of blaming any minister from Gujarat or the
state government, the prime minister should give true facts
about his failures before the people of India," the Gujarat
chief minister said.
Singh made the comments while blaming the Opposition
for the delay in introduction of the Constitution Amendment
Bill on Goods and Service Tax (GST).
Shah, a former minister of state for home in the Modi
government, was arrested by CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case and is now out on bail.
Criticising Singh for blaming the BJP for delay in the
economic reforms, Modi said, "Now when the prime minister has
accepted his helplessness in running the government, he should
put forward true facts on his government`s failure to carry
forward economic reforms and GST. BJP and Gujarat government
has always shown a positive attitude toward economic reforms
Modi demanded that the Union government make public,
the proceedings and minutes of meetings held during the last
two years of the empowered committee formed for implementation
It will become clear that only talks of reforming the
system have been discussed in the meetings and nothing
concrete has taken place, he said.
Modi said during a meeting with Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee on the issue of GST a year ago, he had told
him that GST cannot be implemented unless information
technology network is installed in the entire country.
"Mukherjee, in the meeting, itself had instructed his
staff members to form a task force for implementation of
information and technology network in the entire country.
However, no progress has been made on the issue after one
year," he said.
Not only non-Congress state government but those who
are supporting the UPA have also made it clear to the Centre
that it should not play with the states` interests on the
issue of GST, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?