Police constable hurt after senior`s gun goes off in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A police constable was injured after a bullet was fired accidentally from the service revolver of a sub-inspector while cleaning the firearm, police said on Monday.
The bullet hit constable Ramesh Mangal (30), posted at Sardarnagar police station on the outskirts of the city, in the chest when PSI VD Mori was cleaning his service revolver in the wee hours, they said.
Mangal and Mori were on the night duty and the former was sitting near the latter when the gun went off.
Mangal was rushed to Apollo Hospital and operated upon today, police said, adding that he is out of danger.
Meanwhile, Mori was placed under suspension by DCP (Zone-V) AM Muniya pending an inquiry.
"I have asked the Assistant Commissioner of Police of the division to conduct an inquiry into the incident and submit a report," Muniya said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata