Police constable hurt after senior`s gun goes off in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A police constable was injured after a bullet was fired accidentally from the service revolver of a sub-inspector while cleaning the firearm, police said on Monday.
The bullet hit constable Ramesh Mangal (30), posted at Sardarnagar police station on the outskirts of the city, in the chest when PSI VD Mori was cleaning his service revolver in the wee hours, they said.
Mangal and Mori were on the night duty and the former was sitting near the latter when the gun went off.
Mangal was rushed to Apollo Hospital and operated upon today, police said, adding that he is out of danger.
Meanwhile, Mori was placed under suspension by DCP (Zone-V) AM Muniya pending an inquiry.
"I have asked the Assistant Commissioner of Police of the division to conduct an inquiry into the incident and submit a report," Muniya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more