Police constable hurt after senior`s gun goes off in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A police constable was injured after a bullet was fired accidentally from the service revolver of a sub-inspector while cleaning the firearm, police said on Monday.
The bullet hit constable Ramesh Mangal (30), posted at Sardarnagar police station on the outskirts of the city, in the chest when PSI VD Mori was cleaning his service revolver in the wee hours, they said.
Mangal and Mori were on the night duty and the former was sitting near the latter when the gun went off.
Mangal was rushed to Apollo Hospital and operated upon today, police said, adding that he is out of danger.
Meanwhile, Mori was placed under suspension by DCP (Zone-V) AM Muniya pending an inquiry.
"I have asked the Assistant Commissioner of Police of the division to conduct an inquiry into the incident and submit a report," Muniya said.
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls