Police constable hurt after senior`s gun goes off in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A police constable was injured after a bullet was fired accidentally from the service revolver of a sub-inspector while cleaning the firearm, police said on Monday.
The bullet hit constable Ramesh Mangal (30), posted at Sardarnagar police station on the outskirts of the city, in the chest when PSI VD Mori was cleaning his service revolver in the wee hours, they said.
Mangal and Mori were on the night duty and the former was sitting near the latter when the gun went off.
Mangal was rushed to Apollo Hospital and operated upon today, police said, adding that he is out of danger.
Meanwhile, Mori was placed under suspension by DCP (Zone-V) AM Muniya pending an inquiry.
"I have asked the Assistant Commissioner of Police of the division to conduct an inquiry into the incident and submit a report," Muniya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery