Police fire in air in Vadodara district
Vadodara: The police on Tuesday fired four
rounds in air after a mob of tribals pelted stones on the
police station located at Ghoghamba village, about 100 kms
from here, police said.
The mob had rushed to the police station demanding
release of tribals arrested from Rameshwar village yesterday
on charges of illegally cultivating the government owned
forest land, they said.
Nobody was injured in the firing, police said, adding
nine tribals have been arrested in connection with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users