Police make auto-rickshaw registration compulsory in Rajkot
Rajkot: The Rajkot traffic police has
made action plans to keep an eye on robbers using
auto-rickshaws and made registration of three-wheelers
compulsory, a top traffic police official said.
"We have implemented the action plan by asking
autoricksaw owners to make registration of their vehicles in
traffic branch compulsory," traffic police officer L S Jadeja
"The registration number will be carrying all details
about the owner and driver of the three-wheeler and its
stand-post will help police to nab gangs involved in looting
passengers travelling in auto-rickshaws," Jadeja said.
The rickshaws would be given new `T` number which is
compulsory to be printed on left side on front mirror, Jadeja
said, adding this make passengers as well as police to easily
identify the three-wheeler during any incident of robbery.
Nearly 4,000 auto-rickshaws are registered with city`s
Road Transport Office and new `T` number which carries all the
details will help police to nab robbers using auto-rickshaw
with fake number plates.
The new action plan has to be implemented after
several cases occurred in last few months that passengers
travelling in auto-rickshaw were looted by the auto drivers,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing