Police make auto-rickshaw registration compulsory in Rajkot
Rajkot: The Rajkot traffic police has
made action plans to keep an eye on robbers using
auto-rickshaws and made registration of three-wheelers
compulsory, a top traffic police official said.
"We have implemented the action plan by asking
autoricksaw owners to make registration of their vehicles in
traffic branch compulsory," traffic police officer L S Jadeja
"The registration number will be carrying all details
about the owner and driver of the three-wheeler and its
stand-post will help police to nab gangs involved in looting
passengers travelling in auto-rickshaws," Jadeja said.
The rickshaws would be given new `T` number which is
compulsory to be printed on left side on front mirror, Jadeja
said, adding this make passengers as well as police to easily
identify the three-wheeler during any incident of robbery.
Nearly 4,000 auto-rickshaws are registered with city`s
Road Transport Office and new `T` number which carries all the
details will help police to nab robbers using auto-rickshaw
with fake number plates.
The new action plan has to be implemented after
several cases occurred in last few months that passengers
travelling in auto-rickshaw were looted by the auto drivers,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks