Police make auto-rickshaw registration compulsory in Rajkot
Rajkot: The Rajkot traffic police has
made action plans to keep an eye on robbers using
auto-rickshaws and made registration of three-wheelers
compulsory, a top traffic police official said.
"We have implemented the action plan by asking
autoricksaw owners to make registration of their vehicles in
traffic branch compulsory," traffic police officer L S Jadeja
"The registration number will be carrying all details
about the owner and driver of the three-wheeler and its
stand-post will help police to nab gangs involved in looting
passengers travelling in auto-rickshaws," Jadeja said.
The rickshaws would be given new `T` number which is
compulsory to be printed on left side on front mirror, Jadeja
said, adding this make passengers as well as police to easily
identify the three-wheeler during any incident of robbery.
Nearly 4,000 auto-rickshaws are registered with city`s
Road Transport Office and new `T` number which carries all the
details will help police to nab robbers using auto-rickshaw
with fake number plates.
The new action plan has to be implemented after
several cases occurred in last few months that passengers
travelling in auto-rickshaw were looted by the auto drivers,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon