Police official commits suicide in police station in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An assistant sub-inspector of police committed suicide on Sunday in an office attached to Bapunagar police station, the police said.
Fareedkhan Usmankhan Pathan (53) a native of Dharisana village in Dehgam Taluka of Gandhinagar district committed suicide today by hanging himself with the table cloth in one of the rooms of the police station, the police said.
"After he arrived on duty today, he went to put on the uniform. Sometime later, we found that he hung himself there," police station officer Bapunagar Pratapsingh Jadeja told PTI.
Since the death of his sister 15 days ago, Pathan was mentally upset and this might have prompted him to end his life, he said.
"Pathan`s family members have alleged that mental harrasment by his superior officer and other staff is the cause of his suicide. Assistant commissioner of police P M Bhaliya has been asked to enquire into the matter," he said.
Pathan`s body has been sent for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark