Police official commits suicide in police station in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An assistant sub-inspector of police committed suicide on Sunday in an office attached to Bapunagar police station, the police said.
Fareedkhan Usmankhan Pathan (53) a native of Dharisana village in Dehgam Taluka of Gandhinagar district committed suicide today by hanging himself with the table cloth in one of the rooms of the police station, the police said.
"After he arrived on duty today, he went to put on the uniform. Sometime later, we found that he hung himself there," police station officer Bapunagar Pratapsingh Jadeja told PTI.
Since the death of his sister 15 days ago, Pathan was mentally upset and this might have prompted him to end his life, he said.
"Pathan`s family members have alleged that mental harrasment by his superior officer and other staff is the cause of his suicide. Assistant commissioner of police P M Bhaliya has been asked to enquire into the matter," he said.
Pathan`s body has been sent for autopsy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way