Police official commits suicide in police station in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An assistant sub-inspector of police committed suicide on Sunday in an office attached to Bapunagar police station, the police said.
Fareedkhan Usmankhan Pathan (53) a native of Dharisana village in Dehgam Taluka of Gandhinagar district committed suicide today by hanging himself with the table cloth in one of the rooms of the police station, the police said.
"After he arrived on duty today, he went to put on the uniform. Sometime later, we found that he hung himself there," police station officer Bapunagar Pratapsingh Jadeja told PTI.
Since the death of his sister 15 days ago, Pathan was mentally upset and this might have prompted him to end his life, he said.
"Pathan`s family members have alleged that mental harrasment by his superior officer and other staff is the cause of his suicide. Assistant commissioner of police P M Bhaliya has been asked to enquire into the matter," he said.
Pathan`s body has been sent for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra