Police official commits suicide in police station in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An assistant sub-inspector of police committed suicide on Sunday in an office attached to Bapunagar police station, the police said.
Fareedkhan Usmankhan Pathan (53) a native of Dharisana village in Dehgam Taluka of Gandhinagar district committed suicide today by hanging himself with the table cloth in one of the rooms of the police station, the police said.
"After he arrived on duty today, he went to put on the uniform. Sometime later, we found that he hung himself there," police station officer Bapunagar Pratapsingh Jadeja told PTI.
Since the death of his sister 15 days ago, Pathan was mentally upset and this might have prompted him to end his life, he said.
"Pathan`s family members have alleged that mental harrasment by his superior officer and other staff is the cause of his suicide. Assistant commissioner of police P M Bhaliya has been asked to enquire into the matter," he said.
Pathan`s body has been sent for autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!