Police probing threat letter to Mukesh Ambani
Mumbai: Police have launched a probe after a letter purportedly sent by terror outfit Indian Mujahideen was delivered to the office of RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani, threatening to harm him for supporting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and investing in the state, sources said Wednesday.
The letter, delivered by an unidentified person to Ambani`s personal staff in a sealed envelope at his Maker Chambers office on February 24, also said IM would damage his 27-storey mansion `Antilia` on Altamount Road, a police officer said on condition of anonymity.
The handwritten letter, claimed to have been penned by an IM operative, said the organisation wanted the release of its operative Danish and, if he was not set free, the home-grown terror group would cause harm to Ambani.
Police suspect the letter referred to Mohammed Danish Ansari, a native of Darbhanga in Bihar, who was arrested in January by NIA for sheltering Bhatkal brothers before they reportedly escaped to Pakistan three years back.
After receiving the letter, a senior officer of RIL met city Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh to apprise him of the development, the officer said.
Police would ask for CCTV footage from the security staff of Ambani`s office to find out whether any images of the person, who had delivered the letter, were captured.
When contacted, a spokesman for RIL refused to comment as the matter was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi