Police recovers 151 stolen vehicles worth Rs 45.50 lakh
Ahmedabad: More than 150 stolen two-wheelers and four-wheelers worth Rs 45.50 lakh were recovered by more than 10 crime branch teams a senior official said on Sunday.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) A K Sharma told reporters that 500 vehicles were recovered from various public places in the city like shopping malls, theatres, closed textile mills, among other places. Of these, 151 were stolen and complaints regarding these were registered across various police stations in the city and state, he said.
"The operation was undertaken by more than 10 teams of in the last 48 hours to trace unidentified vehicles," he said.
Sharma did not rule out the possibility of these vehicles being used for committing offences and dumped thereafter.
"These vehicles could have been used for committing various crimes after which they could have been dumped," he said.
Police stations falling under Zone-1 in registered the highest number of stolen vehicles` complaints (78), while 19, 15 and 13 vehicle theft complaints were filed in police stations falling under Zone 5, 6 and 4 respectively.
Seven vehicle thefts were reported from other districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire