Police recovers 151 stolen vehicles worth Rs 45.50 lakh
Ahmedabad: More than 150 stolen two-wheelers and four-wheelers worth Rs 45.50 lakh were recovered by more than 10 crime branch teams a senior official said on Sunday.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) A K Sharma told reporters that 500 vehicles were recovered from various public places in the city like shopping malls, theatres, closed textile mills, among other places. Of these, 151 were stolen and complaints regarding these were registered across various police stations in the city and state, he said.
"The operation was undertaken by more than 10 teams of in the last 48 hours to trace unidentified vehicles," he said.
Sharma did not rule out the possibility of these vehicles being used for committing offences and dumped thereafter.
"These vehicles could have been used for committing various crimes after which they could have been dumped," he said.
Police stations falling under Zone-1 in registered the highest number of stolen vehicles` complaints (78), while 19, 15 and 13 vehicle theft complaints were filed in police stations falling under Zone 5, 6 and 4 respectively.
Seven vehicle thefts were reported from other districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'