Porbandar observes bandh over APMCC head`s indefinite strike
Ahmedabad: Porbandar observed bandh in support of the indefinite hunger strike by a leader of a displaced Kashmiri Pandits body on Sunday.
The bandh was supported by the Porbandar District Chamber of Commerce and Industry, besides the Porbandar Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
All Parties` Migrants Coordination Committee (APMCC) chairman Vinod Pandit is on an indefinite fast at Porbandar since January 30 in support of the outfit`s demands which include dialogue with Pakistan for facilitating visits to Shardha Peeth Temple in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir.
"Porbandar observed a bandh today in support of APMCC chairman Vinod Pandit`s indefinite hunger strike, which entered the twelfth day today.
"The Centre and the Jammu and Kashmir government should consider our six-point charter of demands," APMCC national spokesperson Bharati told a news agency.
Other major demands of the outfit are establishment of a Shardha Peeth University in Jammu and Kashmir, passing of the pending Kashmir Temples and Shrines Bill by the J&K Assembly and a special employment package for non-migrant Hindus.
The bill seeks to set up a board to preserve temples and shrines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan