Porngate: Guj Assembly adjourned for an hour
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Assembly was on Monday adjourned for an hour following slogan shouting by Congress members on the issue of dismissal of two BJP MLAs, accused of watching obscene pictures in the House.
Congress MLAs entered the House wearing black banner, on
which it was written `remove those watching obscene pictures in
After entering the House they started sloganeering
demanding the removal of BJP MLAs Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Pradeepsinh
Jadeja raised objections to Congress MLAs act of displaying
banner in the House.
Speaker Ganpat Vasava also told Congress members that
they cannot demonstrate banners in the Assembly.
However, the Congress stayed put, following which the
Speaker adjourned the house for an hour.
BJP MLAs Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharwad are under
scanner for allegedly watching obscene pictures during the
House proceedings last week.
The Speaker had ordered a probe by the privilege
committee of the House and seized the I-Pad of the MLA and
sent it for forensic examination.
Forensic report had given clean chit to both the MLAs
saying that they were not watching obscene pictures.
Congress has been disrupting the proceedings of the
house for the last three working days demanding removal of the
both the `tainted` MLAs.
All the Congress members were suspended from the House
three times in the last three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border