Porngate issue stalls Gujarat Assembly proceedings
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Assembly was On Tuesday adjourned for an hour after Congress MLAs tried to demonstrate in the Vidhan Sabha on the issue of two BJP MLAs allegedly watching obscene pictures.
Congress is demanding dismissal of two BJP legislators Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharwad for allegedly watching porn on their I-Pad inside the House last week.
Speaker Ganpat Vasava had ordered a probe into the
matter by the privileges committee of the House and got the
I-Pad seized and sent it for forensic examination.
Congress MLAs today came in the House wearing caps and
badges on which anti-BJP slogans were printed.
On the badges it was written, "real face of BJP`s
vulgarism has come to the fore in the Vidhan Sabha". While on
the caps it was written, "BJP ko sanmati do Bhagwan".
Minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs
Pradeepsinh Jadeja raised a point of order objecting against
any kind of demonstration on floor of the House by the
The Speaker said that he would not like to pass any
order but added that any kind of demonstration is not allowed
inside the assembly.
He requested Congress members to remove the caps and
badges. However, they disregarded speaker`s order after which
Vasava adjourned the house for an hour.
Earlier, Congress MLAs were suspended from the House
for four working days for disrupting the proceedings demanding
dismissal of two BJP legislators.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India to clock GDP growth of 7.4% in FY17: HSBC
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt