Porngate issue stalls Gujarat Assembly proceedings
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Assembly was On Tuesday adjourned for an hour after Congress MLAs tried to demonstrate in the Vidhan Sabha on the issue of two BJP MLAs allegedly watching obscene pictures.
Congress is demanding dismissal of two BJP legislators Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharwad for allegedly watching porn on their I-Pad inside the House last week.
Speaker Ganpat Vasava had ordered a probe into the
matter by the privileges committee of the House and got the
I-Pad seized and sent it for forensic examination.
Congress MLAs today came in the House wearing caps and
badges on which anti-BJP slogans were printed.
On the badges it was written, "real face of BJP`s
vulgarism has come to the fore in the Vidhan Sabha". While on
the caps it was written, "BJP ko sanmati do Bhagwan".
Minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs
Pradeepsinh Jadeja raised a point of order objecting against
any kind of demonstration on floor of the House by the
The Speaker said that he would not like to pass any
order but added that any kind of demonstration is not allowed
inside the assembly.
He requested Congress members to remove the caps and
badges. However, they disregarded speaker`s order after which
Vasava adjourned the house for an hour.
Earlier, Congress MLAs were suspended from the House
for four working days for disrupting the proceedings demanding
dismissal of two BJP legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users