Prajapati case: CBI gets permission to quiz cops
Ahmedabad: A special court here on Wednesday granted the CBI permission to interrogate suspended IPS officers Abhay Chudasama and Rajkumar Pandiyan, within jail premises, in connection with the 2006 Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case.
An application, in this regard was made in the court of Additional Chief Magistrate of the CBI court A Y Dave yesterday, which was approved today.
The CBI would interrogate the two suspended cops, who are key accused in the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and the killing of his wife Kausar Bi in 2005, inside the Sabarmati jail here, where they are lodged. The date for interrogation would be decided by the CBI later.
The investigating agency, in its application, had contended that Prajapati was a close aide of Sheikh and a key witness in his fake encounter, in which former Gujarat minister Amit Shah is one of the accused. Shah is presently out on bail.
The Central agency said, it wanted to question Chudasama and Pandiyan with regard to Prajapati case as the two fake encounter cases were related and it was possible that those accused in the Sheikh encounter could have played some role in Prajapati`s encounter as well.
Prajapati was killed in a police encounter on December 28, 2006 near Chhapri village in Banaskantha.
The case was transfered to CBI from the state CID following orders of the Supreme court on April 8 on a petition filed by Prajapati`s mother Narmada Bai, who had alleged that her son was killed in a fake encounter by Gujarat police as he was a key eyewitness in the November 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!