Prajapati encounter case: CID gets custody of 2 arrested IPS
Ahmedabad: A CBI court on Tuesday granted custody
of two IPS officers, arrested in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case, to Gujarat CID for further probe in connection
with Tulsi Prajapati encounter case of 2006.
Special CBI judge A Y Dave granted custody of IPS
officers D G Vanzara of Gujarat cadre and Dinesh M N of
Rajasthan cadre to CID crime.
Vanzara and Dinesh are currently lodged in Sabarmati
Central Jail here for their involvement in the fake encounter
of Sobrabuddin Sheikh and alleged killing of his wife Kausar
Bi in November 2005. The Sheikh fake encounter case is being
investigated by CBI.
The CID had sought custody of Vanzara and Dinesh to
interrogate them in connection with Prajapati killing case.
At the time of Prajapati`s encounter, Vanzara was Border
Range IG Gujarat, while Dinesh was the SP Udaipur, Rajasthan.
CID approached the CBI court as the two IPS officers were
in custody of the CBI which is investigating the Sohrabuddin
case after directions from the Supreme Court early this year.
Prajapati, who was considered to be a key witness in
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, was killed in an encounter
near Chapri village near Ambaji in Gujarat`s Banaskantha
district when he tried to escape from custody while being
shifted from Rajasthan to the state in December 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Uganda switches sides, dumping North Korea for South
- Indian Premier League 2016: Did David Warner deserve Most Valuable Player award more than Virat Kohli?
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''