Prajapati encounter case: CID gets custody of 2 arrested IPS
Ahmedabad: A CBI court on Tuesday granted custody
of two IPS officers, arrested in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake
encounter case, to Gujarat CID for further probe in connection
with Tulsi Prajapati encounter case of 2006.
Special CBI judge A Y Dave granted custody of IPS
officers D G Vanzara of Gujarat cadre and Dinesh M N of
Rajasthan cadre to CID crime.
Vanzara and Dinesh are currently lodged in Sabarmati
Central Jail here for their involvement in the fake encounter
of Sobrabuddin Sheikh and alleged killing of his wife Kausar
Bi in November 2005. The Sheikh fake encounter case is being
investigated by CBI.
The CID had sought custody of Vanzara and Dinesh to
interrogate them in connection with Prajapati killing case.
At the time of Prajapati`s encounter, Vanzara was Border
Range IG Gujarat, while Dinesh was the SP Udaipur, Rajasthan.
CID approached the CBI court as the two IPS officers were
in custody of the CBI which is investigating the Sohrabuddin
case after directions from the Supreme Court early this year.
Prajapati, who was considered to be a key witness in
Sohrabuddin fake encounter case, was killed in an encounter
near Chapri village near Ambaji in Gujarat`s Banaskantha
district when he tried to escape from custody while being
shifted from Rajasthan to the state in December 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police