Prajapati encounter case: Guj HC rejects bail plea of IPS officer
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday rejected the bail plea of suspended IPS officer Vipul Agarwal who has been in jail since May this year in connection with the fake encounter of Tulsiram Prajapati, a close aide of Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
Justice A S Dave hearing the case, refused to grant
bail to Agarwal as it accepted the argument put forward by the
prosecution that there was a possibility of evidence being
tampered in the case if an influential accused was granted
While opposing Agarwal`s bail plea, government pleader
Prakash Jani had argued that the former SP was in constant
touch with the Rajasthan IPS officer Dinesh M N and then DIG D
G Vanzara, both of whom are accused in Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case, and telephonic conversation establishes that
Agarwal was part of the conspiracy to eliminate Tulsiram.
Agarwal was the district Superintendent of Police,
Banaskantha, when Prajapati, a key witness in Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case, was killed by the Gujarat police
in an encounter near Ambaji in Danta taluka the district when
he tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat in December 2006.
Agarwal has been named as the key accused in the
Prajapati case, along with six other police officers who
include four from Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof