Prajapati encounter case: Guj HC rejects bail plea of IPS officer
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court on Friday rejected the bail plea of suspended IPS officer Vipul Agarwal who has been in jail since May this year in connection with the fake encounter of Tulsiram Prajapati, a close aide of Sohrabuddin Sheikh.
Justice A S Dave hearing the case, refused to grant
bail to Agarwal as it accepted the argument put forward by the
prosecution that there was a possibility of evidence being
tampered in the case if an influential accused was granted
While opposing Agarwal`s bail plea, government pleader
Prakash Jani had argued that the former SP was in constant
touch with the Rajasthan IPS officer Dinesh M N and then DIG D
G Vanzara, both of whom are accused in Sohrabuddin fake
encounter case, and telephonic conversation establishes that
Agarwal was part of the conspiracy to eliminate Tulsiram.
Agarwal was the district Superintendent of Police,
Banaskantha, when Prajapati, a key witness in Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case, was killed by the Gujarat police
in an encounter near Ambaji in Danta taluka the district when
he tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat in December 2006.
Agarwal has been named as the key accused in the
Prajapati case, along with six other police officers who
include four from Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi