Prajapati encounter: `Shah, police were in touch`
New Delhi: The CBI has claimed former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah was in regular touch with the police officials, who have allegedly been part of the conspiracy in the fake encounter of Tulsiram Prajapati in December 2006.
The agency, which had filed its chargesheet in the alleged fake encounter, has accused Shah of criminal conspiracy, murder and destruction of evidence, besides other charges.
During the probe, the CBI claimed to have come across proofs which shows that at least 16 calls were allegedly exchanged between the then home minister, DIG DG Vanzara and SP Rajkumar Pandian between December 20 and 31, 2006.
Tulsiram Prajapati, an eye witness in the encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was killed in a fake encounter allegedly by Gujarat Police in Banaskantha district on December 28, 2006.
Sources said the agency has already questioned Shah with regard to his telephone conversations with the two IPS officers within 10 days of encounter.
Call details of Shah accessed by the CBI showed that he allegedly spoke to Pandian a day before the encounter took place, they said.
The minister had claimed innocence in the matter and told the CBI that the calls were made with regards to different cases handled by the police officials, they said.
He had told the CBI that his conversations with the officers were related to another absconding gangster whose calls were monitored by Pandian as ATS SP.
Shah had denied that he had any knowledge about Tulsiram encounter prior to the incident.
The CBI has filed the charge sheet in the encounter but it was not taken on record by the court due to question of jurisdiction. The court will decide in the matter after conducting hearing next Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?