Prajapati encounter: `Shah, police were in touch`
New Delhi: The CBI has claimed former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah was in regular touch with the police officials, who have allegedly been part of the conspiracy in the fake encounter of Tulsiram Prajapati in December 2006.
The agency, which had filed its chargesheet in the alleged fake encounter, has accused Shah of criminal conspiracy, murder and destruction of evidence, besides other charges.
During the probe, the CBI claimed to have come across proofs which shows that at least 16 calls were allegedly exchanged between the then home minister, DIG DG Vanzara and SP Rajkumar Pandian between December 20 and 31, 2006.
Tulsiram Prajapati, an eye witness in the encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, was killed in a fake encounter allegedly by Gujarat Police in Banaskantha district on December 28, 2006.
Sources said the agency has already questioned Shah with regard to his telephone conversations with the two IPS officers within 10 days of encounter.
Call details of Shah accessed by the CBI showed that he allegedly spoke to Pandian a day before the encounter took place, they said.
The minister had claimed innocence in the matter and told the CBI that the calls were made with regards to different cases handled by the police officials, they said.
He had told the CBI that his conversations with the officers were related to another absconding gangster whose calls were monitored by Pandian as ATS SP.
Shah had denied that he had any knowledge about Tulsiram encounter prior to the incident.
The CBI has filed the charge sheet in the encounter but it was not taken on record by the court due to question of jurisdiction. The court will decide in the matter after conducting hearing next Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM