‘Prajapati`s fear of Guj police hastened his death
Ahmedabad: Tulsi Prajapati, the witness to the fake encounter of gangster Sohrabuddin Shaikh, was murdered in pursuance of a criminal conspiracy, and his "begging" for own safety before different forums hastened his elimination, CBI says in its chargesheet.
Prajapati, the chargesheet (filed recently) says, was killed in furtherance of the conspiracy to kill Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi; and former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah was the "kingpin" of the conspiracy.
According to CBI, Prajapati was used by the Gujarat Police to trace, abduct and kill Sohrabuddin in November 2005. After the encounter, Prajapati was arrested by Rajasthan police.
Chargesheet chronicles how Prajapati expressed fear for his life before various forums at various times.
When former IPS officer DG Vanzara warned him on December 10, 2005 to keep his mouth shut, or else he would meet the same fate as Sohrab, Prajapati approached Additional Judicial Magistrate, Udaipur; Collector, Udaipur; National Human Rights Commission and Superintendent of the criminal department of Bhadra court, Ahmedabad.
This alerted the conspirators of Sohrab killing who started apprehending that he may spill the beans, it says.
Before Prajapati`s killing by Gujarat police at Chhapri near Ambaji, there were five previous attempts to stage an encounter. "Prajapati was murdered in the same manner as forewarned by him in application to the NHRC," chargesheet adds.
The accused IPS officers in the case are D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, Dinesh M N and Vipul Agarwal. All of them are behind bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!