‘Prajapati`s fear of Guj police hastened his death
Ahmedabad: Tulsi Prajapati, the witness to the fake encounter of gangster Sohrabuddin Shaikh, was murdered in pursuance of a criminal conspiracy, and his "begging" for own safety before different forums hastened his elimination, CBI says in its chargesheet.
Prajapati, the chargesheet (filed recently) says, was killed in furtherance of the conspiracy to kill Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi; and former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah was the "kingpin" of the conspiracy.
According to CBI, Prajapati was used by the Gujarat Police to trace, abduct and kill Sohrabuddin in November 2005. After the encounter, Prajapati was arrested by Rajasthan police.
Chargesheet chronicles how Prajapati expressed fear for his life before various forums at various times.
When former IPS officer DG Vanzara warned him on December 10, 2005 to keep his mouth shut, or else he would meet the same fate as Sohrab, Prajapati approached Additional Judicial Magistrate, Udaipur; Collector, Udaipur; National Human Rights Commission and Superintendent of the criminal department of Bhadra court, Ahmedabad.
This alerted the conspirators of Sohrab killing who started apprehending that he may spill the beans, it says.
Before Prajapati`s killing by Gujarat police at Chhapri near Ambaji, there were five previous attempts to stage an encounter. "Prajapati was murdered in the same manner as forewarned by him in application to the NHRC," chargesheet adds.
The accused IPS officers in the case are D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, Dinesh M N and Vipul Agarwal. All of them are behind bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?