Pre-monsoon showers lash Ahmednagar; two killed
Ahmednagar: Two persons were killed in
rain-related incidents as heavy pre-monsoon showers lashed the
city and parts of this Western Maharashtra district, police
sources said today.
The rain, accompanied by stormy wind and hail stones
at some places, caused damage to the houses yesterday. Trees
were also uprooted at several places.
A 28-year-old farmer was killed in lightning strike in
Pathardi taluka. A 19-year-old student died in Deolali Pravara
when he was hit by a signboard which fell on him due to high
winds, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout
- Act of revenge! Gurgaon woman kidnapped, gang-raped for complaining against harassers
- John Kerry tells South Sudan leaders to stick to peace deal or face sanctions
- Will Syria gas attacks probe nail the Assad regime?