Prof Yogesh Singh reappointed as VC of MS University
Vadodara: The Gujarat government has re-appointed Prof Yogesh Singh as the Vice Chancellor of the Maharaja Sayajirao University here for another term of three years.
His previous term expires tomorrow, said Amit Dholakia incharge Registrar of the University adding that Singh is the first VC after 1984 to get a second term.
During Singh`s tenure as Vice Chancellor, M S University started number of new courses and entered into MoUs with various universities abroad including from USA, UK, France, European countries etc.
Talking to PTI, Prof Singh said, "I will continue to make efforts for making it one of the top most universities in the country."
Singh, who was a professor at University School of Information Technology (USIT) at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIU), Delhi had taken over the reins of M S in 2011.
Singh has done his M.Tech and PhD in computer engineering from National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, previously Regional Engineering College.
He comes from a family of academicians as his father Niranjan Singh too was a professor of mathematics at Kurukshetra.
He was founder chairman of Guru Jambheshwar University`s Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Hisar in Haryana. Apart from co-authoring a book on software engineering, Singh has been a member of the IT task force and a member of its core-group on e-education and also the member of the IT task force formed by the All India Council for Technical Education.
Singh was one of the three candidates whose name was recommended by the three-member search committee headed by former pro Vice Chancellor of M S University Professor Veena Mistry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest