Promotional campaign boosts Gujarat tourism
Kolkata: The launching of `Khushboo Gujarat Ki`, a promotional campaign with Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador, continues to make a deep impression of Gujarat as an important tourist destination.
Gujarat Principal Secretary, Tourism, Vipul Mittra said that the Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL) had been aggressively wooing travellers particularly from West Bengal to promote Gujarat as a tourist destination for various types of tourists.
Mittra, who is here in connection with showcasing Gujarat in the Travel and Tourism Fair (TTF), said the state has a variety of destinations to meet the tastes of all types of tourists - beaches and coastal sites, forests and natural ecosystems, gardens and lakes, heritage monuments and structures, archaeological and architectures, museums and learning spaces, religious sites, Gandhi Circuit and Buddhist sites.
The Monsoon festival, Tarnetar fair, Navratri Festival, the Rann utsav and the international kite festival were among the colourful events drawing tourists to Gujarat from across the country as well as from abroad.
The industry has recognised the growing popularity of Gujarat among the tourists and Gujarat Tourism has recently won many notable awards, he said.
This year Gujarat Tourism bagged three national awards for the best tourism film `Khushboo Gujarat Ki` featuring mega-star Amitabh Bachchan, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!