Promotional campaign boosts Gujarat tourism
Kolkata: The launching of `Khushboo Gujarat Ki`, a promotional campaign with Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador, continues to make a deep impression of Gujarat as an important tourist destination.
Gujarat Principal Secretary, Tourism, Vipul Mittra said that the Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Limited (TCGL) had been aggressively wooing travellers particularly from West Bengal to promote Gujarat as a tourist destination for various types of tourists.
Mittra, who is here in connection with showcasing Gujarat in the Travel and Tourism Fair (TTF), said the state has a variety of destinations to meet the tastes of all types of tourists - beaches and coastal sites, forests and natural ecosystems, gardens and lakes, heritage monuments and structures, archaeological and architectures, museums and learning spaces, religious sites, Gandhi Circuit and Buddhist sites.
The Monsoon festival, Tarnetar fair, Navratri Festival, the Rann utsav and the international kite festival were among the colourful events drawing tourists to Gujarat from across the country as well as from abroad.
The industry has recognised the growing popularity of Gujarat among the tourists and Gujarat Tourism has recently won many notable awards, he said.
This year Gujarat Tourism bagged three national awards for the best tourism film `Khushboo Gujarat Ki` featuring mega-star Amitabh Bachchan, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader