Provide CNG to Gujarat at Delhi, Mumbai rates, HC tells Centre
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court on Saturday directed the Central government to comply with its order to provide Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to Gujarat at the same price as Delhi and Mumbai under the `Administered Price Mechanism`.
The division bench of Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya and Justice J B Pardiwala asked the Centre to comply with its order by November 18. Otherwise the secretary in the Union Petroleum Ministry would have to appear before the court, the bench said.
The Centre had failed to implement its order of July 25, 2012, the Judges noted. The Centre had earlier sought 16 weeks` time to frame national guidelines to comply with the Apex court`s directions last month which upheld the Gujarat High Court`s order.
Dhrangadhra Prakrutik Mandal had filed a public interest litigation before the HC, alleging discrimination against Gujarat in allocation of natural gas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof