Provide CNG to Gujarat at Delhi, Mumbai rates, HC tells Centre
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court on Saturday directed the Central government to comply with its order to provide Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to Gujarat at the same price as Delhi and Mumbai under the `Administered Price Mechanism`.
The division bench of Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya and Justice J B Pardiwala asked the Centre to comply with its order by November 18. Otherwise the secretary in the Union Petroleum Ministry would have to appear before the court, the bench said.
The Centre had failed to implement its order of July 25, 2012, the Judges noted. The Centre had earlier sought 16 weeks` time to frame national guidelines to comply with the Apex court`s directions last month which upheld the Gujarat High Court`s order.
Dhrangadhra Prakrutik Mandal had filed a public interest litigation before the HC, alleging discrimination against Gujarat in allocation of natural gas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened