Quake measuring 5.3 on Richter jolts Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An eaqrthquake measuring 5.3 on
the Richter scale jolted Gujarat on Thursday night but there was no
immediate report of any casualty or damage.
The epicentre of the quake of moderate intensity, which
shook the state at around 2248 hours, was 20km south east of
Sasangir near Vansthli town in Junagadh district.
Officials said the quake was felt for 25 seconds in
Junagadh and people rushed out of their homes in panic.
The tremor was felt in several other parts of the state
The state was rocked by a 7.6 magnitude earthquake on
January 26, 2001 leaving 20,000 people dead and causing
widespread destruction with the worst-affected being the Kutch
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why