Quake measuring 5.3 on Richter jolts Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An eaqrthquake measuring 5.3 on
the Richter scale jolted Gujarat on Thursday night but there was no
immediate report of any casualty or damage.
The epicentre of the quake of moderate intensity, which
shook the state at around 2248 hours, was 20km south east of
Sasangir near Vansthli town in Junagadh district.
Officials said the quake was felt for 25 seconds in
Junagadh and people rushed out of their homes in panic.
The tremor was felt in several other parts of the state
The state was rocked by a 7.6 magnitude earthquake on
January 26, 2001 leaving 20,000 people dead and causing
widespread destruction with the worst-affected being the Kutch
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing