Quake measuring 5.3 on Richter jolts Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An eaqrthquake measuring 5.3 on
the Richter scale jolted Gujarat on Thursday night but there was no
immediate report of any casualty or damage.
The epicentre of the quake of moderate intensity, which
shook the state at around 2248 hours, was 20km south east of
Sasangir near Vansthli town in Junagadh district.
Officials said the quake was felt for 25 seconds in
Junagadh and people rushed out of their homes in panic.
The tremor was felt in several other parts of the state
The state was rocked by a 7.6 magnitude earthquake on
January 26, 2001 leaving 20,000 people dead and causing
widespread destruction with the worst-affected being the Kutch
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony