Radadia`s son, five others inducted in Modi ministry
Gandhinagar: Porbandar MP Vithal Radadia`s son Jayesh Radadia was among the six MLAs inducted into the Narendra Modi ministry here on Friday.
Vithal Radadia, former Congress MP from Porbandar, switched to BJP earlier this year.
In the by-election, he retained Porbandar Lok Sabha seat on BJP ticket while Jayesh Radadia won from Jetpur Assembly constituency on the saffron party ticket.
MLAs Chhatrasinh Mori (from Jambusar), Jashvantsinh Bhabhor (Limkheda), Jaydrathsinh Parmar (Halol), Dilipsinh Thakor (Chanasma) and Vasan Ahir (Anjar) were also inducted as ministers of state.
Governor Kamla Beniwal administered the oath of office to the six ministers in presence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Speaker Vaju Vala.
The portfolios of the ministers of state are expected to be announced later.
With today`s induction, there are a total of 22 ministers in Modi`s council of ministers now. This is the first expansion after the December 2012 Assembly polls when Modi and 16 other ministers were sworn-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?