Radadia`s son, five others inducted in Modi ministry
Gandhinagar: Porbandar MP Vithal Radadia`s son Jayesh Radadia was among the six MLAs inducted into the Narendra Modi ministry here on Friday.
Vithal Radadia, former Congress MP from Porbandar, switched to BJP earlier this year.
In the by-election, he retained Porbandar Lok Sabha seat on BJP ticket while Jayesh Radadia won from Jetpur Assembly constituency on the saffron party ticket.
MLAs Chhatrasinh Mori (from Jambusar), Jashvantsinh Bhabhor (Limkheda), Jaydrathsinh Parmar (Halol), Dilipsinh Thakor (Chanasma) and Vasan Ahir (Anjar) were also inducted as ministers of state.
Governor Kamla Beniwal administered the oath of office to the six ministers in presence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Speaker Vaju Vala.
The portfolios of the ministers of state are expected to be announced later.
With today`s induction, there are a total of 22 ministers in Modi`s council of ministers now. This is the first expansion after the December 2012 Assembly polls when Modi and 16 other ministers were sworn-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested