Radadia`s son, five others inducted in Modi ministry
Gandhinagar: Porbandar MP Vithal Radadia`s son Jayesh Radadia was among the six MLAs inducted into the Narendra Modi ministry here on Friday.
Vithal Radadia, former Congress MP from Porbandar, switched to BJP earlier this year.
In the by-election, he retained Porbandar Lok Sabha seat on BJP ticket while Jayesh Radadia won from Jetpur Assembly constituency on the saffron party ticket.
MLAs Chhatrasinh Mori (from Jambusar), Jashvantsinh Bhabhor (Limkheda), Jaydrathsinh Parmar (Halol), Dilipsinh Thakor (Chanasma) and Vasan Ahir (Anjar) were also inducted as ministers of state.
Governor Kamla Beniwal administered the oath of office to the six ministers in presence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Speaker Vaju Vala.
The portfolios of the ministers of state are expected to be announced later.
With today`s induction, there are a total of 22 ministers in Modi`s council of ministers now. This is the first expansion after the December 2012 Assembly polls when Modi and 16 other ministers were sworn-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?