Radadia`s son, five others inducted in Modi ministry
Gandhinagar: Porbandar MP Vithal Radadia`s son Jayesh Radadia was among the six MLAs inducted into the Narendra Modi ministry on Friday.
Vithal Radadia, former Congress MP from Porbandar, switched to BJP earlier this year. In the by-election, he retained Porbandar Lok Sabha seat on BJP ticket while Jayesh Radadia won from Jetpur Assembly constituency on the saffron party ticket.
MLAs Chhatrasinh Mori (from Jambusar), Jashvantsinh Bhabhor (Limkheda), Jaydrathsinh Parmar (Halol), Dilipsinh Thakor (Chanasma) and Vasan Ahir (Anjar) were also inducted as ministers of state. Governor Kamla Beniwal administered the oath of office to the six ministers in presence of Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Speaker Vaju Vala.
The portfolios of the ministers of state are expected to be announced later. With today`s induction, there are a total of 22 ministers in Modi`s council of ministers now. This is the first expansion after the December 2012 Assembly polls when Modi and 16 other ministers were sworn-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends