Rahul Gandhi likely to visit Gujarat next month
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is likely to come to Gujarat early next month on a two-day visit.
It will be the Congress leader`s first tour of the State after Narendra Modi was named BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee.
Gandhi is likely to visit the state on October 3 and 4, party sources said on Wednesday.
He will be in the city on the first day of his visit, and is likely to attend State Congress Executive Council meeting.
The Amethi MP will also interact with State Congress leaders, sources said.
The next day, he will travel to Rajkot and meet party leaders their, the sources said, giving the tentative programme of the Congress leader.
After taking over as Congress Vice-President in January this year, the 43-year-old has been visiting states to take stock of the party`s affairs and the tour of BJP-ruled Gujarat will be part of that, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot