Rahul Gandhi likely to visit Gujarat next month
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is likely to come to Gujarat early next month on a two-day visit.
It will be the Congress leader`s first tour of the State after Narendra Modi was named BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee.
Gandhi is likely to visit the state on October 3 and 4, party sources said on Wednesday.
He will be in the city on the first day of his visit, and is likely to attend State Congress Executive Council meeting.
The Amethi MP will also interact with State Congress leaders, sources said.
The next day, he will travel to Rajkot and meet party leaders their, the sources said, giving the tentative programme of the Congress leader.
After taking over as Congress Vice-President in January this year, the 43-year-old has been visiting states to take stock of the party`s affairs and the tour of BJP-ruled Gujarat will be part of that, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon