Rahul Gandhi to address public rally in Gujarat on March 11
Ahmedabad: As a part of the party`s campaigning for the 2014 general elections, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally on March 11 at Balasinor town of Kheda district in Gujarat.
"Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address an election rally at Balasinor on March 11," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee president Arjun Modhvadiya announced here today.
"The Congress party will begin its state-wide campaign against the BJP government`s corruption from March 4 to March 11 by organising a padyatra in all the 26 constituencies," Modhvadia said.
"On the last day, Rahul Gandhi will address the people about the achievements of the UPA government and welfare schemes introduced during two terms," he said.
"Congress will make people aware about the Centre`s welfare initiatives like the Right to Food, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA), Right to Information and the Forest Rights Act," he said.
"During the one week padyatra programme in all the 26 constituencies, the Congress will approach people from both rural and urban areas to expose the BJP`s corruption to them," the party leader said.
The Congress would also hold a public awareness campaign against former MLAs who quit the party to join BJP.
"Prior to that, on March 2, Congress party leaders and workers will visit the Abdasa and Mandvi assembly seats of the Gujarat assembly to expose MLAs who switched over to the BJP," party spokesperson Manish Doshi said.
"We will inform the masses that leaders who betray the party are betraying the people," Doshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what