Rahul Gandhi to address public rally in Gujarat on March 11
Ahmedabad: As a part of the party`s campaigning for the 2014 general elections, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally on March 11 at Balasinor town of Kheda district in Gujarat.
"Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address an election rally at Balasinor on March 11," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee president Arjun Modhvadiya announced here today.
"The Congress party will begin its state-wide campaign against the BJP government`s corruption from March 4 to March 11 by organising a padyatra in all the 26 constituencies," Modhvadia said.
"On the last day, Rahul Gandhi will address the people about the achievements of the UPA government and welfare schemes introduced during two terms," he said.
"Congress will make people aware about the Centre`s welfare initiatives like the Right to Food, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA), Right to Information and the Forest Rights Act," he said.
"During the one week padyatra programme in all the 26 constituencies, the Congress will approach people from both rural and urban areas to expose the BJP`s corruption to them," the party leader said.
The Congress would also hold a public awareness campaign against former MLAs who quit the party to join BJP.
"Prior to that, on March 2, Congress party leaders and workers will visit the Abdasa and Mandvi assembly seats of the Gujarat assembly to expose MLAs who switched over to the BJP," party spokesperson Manish Doshi said.
"We will inform the masses that leaders who betray the party are betraying the people," Doshi said.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD