Rahul Gandhi to address public rally in Gujarat on March 11
Ahmedabad: As a part of the party`s campaigning for the 2014 general elections, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address a public rally on March 11 at Balasinor town of Kheda district in Gujarat.
"Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will address an election rally at Balasinor on March 11," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee president Arjun Modhvadiya announced here today.
"The Congress party will begin its state-wide campaign against the BJP government`s corruption from March 4 to March 11 by organising a padyatra in all the 26 constituencies," Modhvadia said.
"On the last day, Rahul Gandhi will address the people about the achievements of the UPA government and welfare schemes introduced during two terms," he said.
"Congress will make people aware about the Centre`s welfare initiatives like the Right to Food, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA), Right to Information and the Forest Rights Act," he said.
"During the one week padyatra programme in all the 26 constituencies, the Congress will approach people from both rural and urban areas to expose the BJP`s corruption to them," the party leader said.
The Congress would also hold a public awareness campaign against former MLAs who quit the party to join BJP.
"Prior to that, on March 2, Congress party leaders and workers will visit the Abdasa and Mandvi assembly seats of the Gujarat assembly to expose MLAs who switched over to the BJP," party spokesperson Manish Doshi said.
"We will inform the masses that leaders who betray the party are betraying the people," Doshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!