Rahul Gandhi to visit Gujarat by month end
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Gujarat by this month end, his first trip to the state after Chief Minister Narendra Modi was made the head of the BJP`s Campaign Committee for the Lok Sabha polls.
Party sources said a two-day trip was being planned during which the Congress Vice President would visit Ahmedabad as well as Rajkot.
Congress has stepped up attack on Modi in the wake of Vanzara`s letter slamming the state government.
Vanzara (59), a Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) considered close to Modi, had on Tuesday resigned from IPS service accusing the Gujarat government of failing to protect loyal police officers who fought against "Pakistan-inspired terrorism".
The Congress has been demanding resignation of Modi till a CBI probe to ascertain whether the ongoing investigation and judicial process in the Tulsiram Prajapati case had been manipulated, was over.
The Congress unit in Gujarat has called a state wide bandh tomorrow in the wake of Vanzara`s letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate
- Indian-origin siblings forced off easyJet plane over 'ISIS claims'
- NC delegation meets Rajnath Singh, demands ban on pellet guns use in J&K
- Cabinet gives nod to revised Indo-Cyprus DTAA