Rahul Gandhi to visit Gujarat by month end
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Gujarat by this month end, his first trip to the state after Chief Minister Narendra Modi was made the head of the BJP`s Campaign Committee for the Lok Sabha polls.
Party sources said a two-day trip was being planned during which the Congress Vice President would visit Ahmedabad as well as Rajkot.
Congress has stepped up attack on Modi in the wake of Vanzara`s letter slamming the state government.
Vanzara (59), a Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) considered close to Modi, had on Tuesday resigned from IPS service accusing the Gujarat government of failing to protect loyal police officers who fought against "Pakistan-inspired terrorism".
The Congress has been demanding resignation of Modi till a CBI probe to ascertain whether the ongoing investigation and judicial process in the Tulsiram Prajapati case had been manipulated, was over.
The Congress unit in Gujarat has called a state wide bandh tomorrow in the wake of Vanzara`s letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling