Rahul Gandhi to visit Gujarat by month end
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Gujarat by this month end, his first trip to the state after Chief Minister Narendra Modi was made the head of the BJP`s Campaign Committee for the Lok Sabha polls.
Party sources said a two-day trip was being planned during which the Congress Vice President would visit Ahmedabad as well as Rajkot.
Congress has stepped up attack on Modi in the wake of Vanzara`s letter slamming the state government.
Vanzara (59), a Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) considered close to Modi, had on Tuesday resigned from IPS service accusing the Gujarat government of failing to protect loyal police officers who fought against "Pakistan-inspired terrorism".
The Congress has been demanding resignation of Modi till a CBI probe to ascertain whether the ongoing investigation and judicial process in the Tulsiram Prajapati case had been manipulated, was over.
The Congress unit in Gujarat has called a state wide bandh tomorrow in the wake of Vanzara`s letter.
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers