Rahul Gandhi to visit Gujarat by month end
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi will be visiting Gujarat by this month end, his first trip to the state after Chief Minister Narendra Modi was made the head of the BJP`s Campaign Committee for the Lok Sabha polls.
Party sources said a two-day trip was being planned during which the Congress Vice President would visit Ahmedabad as well as Rajkot.
Congress has stepped up attack on Modi in the wake of Vanzara`s letter slamming the state government.
Vanzara (59), a Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) considered close to Modi, had on Tuesday resigned from IPS service accusing the Gujarat government of failing to protect loyal police officers who fought against "Pakistan-inspired terrorism".
The Congress has been demanding resignation of Modi till a CBI probe to ascertain whether the ongoing investigation and judicial process in the Tulsiram Prajapati case had been manipulated, was over.
The Congress unit in Gujarat has called a state wide bandh tomorrow in the wake of Vanzara`s letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!