Rail Budget: Gujarat MPs demand bullet train
New Delhi: BJP MPs from Gujarat on Friday met
Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi and submitted a memorandum
requesting new railway projects, including that of a bullet
train between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
They requested Trivedi to announce the bullet train
project as a special project in the upcoming Railway Budget
Trivedi assured the delegation that he will look into
matter and do the needful. He stated that Gujarat can show the
way to other states on how to work with Railway Ministry on
The MPs also demanded for a new train from Ahmedabad to
Amritsar and one from Surat to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. They
also stressed for a construction of third rail track between
Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
In order to make Gandhinagar more connected with all
major cities of the country, the MPs requested that trains
running between Ahmedabad to the major cities of North India
should pass through the state capital.
MPs who met the Railways Minister included Harin Pathak,
Vijay Rupani, Rajendrasinh Rana, Smriti Irani, C R Patil,
Poonamben Jat, Jayshreeben Patel, Mansukhbhai Vasava, Natujee
Thakor, Kanjibhai Patel and Dilip Pandya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video