Rail Budget: Gujarat MPs demand bullet train
New Delhi: BJP MPs from Gujarat on Friday met
Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi and submitted a memorandum
requesting new railway projects, including that of a bullet
train between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
They requested Trivedi to announce the bullet train
project as a special project in the upcoming Railway Budget
Trivedi assured the delegation that he will look into
matter and do the needful. He stated that Gujarat can show the
way to other states on how to work with Railway Ministry on
The MPs also demanded for a new train from Ahmedabad to
Amritsar and one from Surat to Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. They
also stressed for a construction of third rail track between
Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
In order to make Gandhinagar more connected with all
major cities of the country, the MPs requested that trains
running between Ahmedabad to the major cities of North India
should pass through the state capital.
MPs who met the Railways Minister included Harin Pathak,
Vijay Rupani, Rajendrasinh Rana, Smriti Irani, C R Patil,
Poonamben Jat, Jayshreeben Patel, Mansukhbhai Vasava, Natujee
Thakor, Kanjibhai Patel and Dilip Pandya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account