Rains claim three lives in Gujarat
Bhavnagar/Jamnagar: Three persons were
killed following heavy rains and lightning in Bhavnagar and
Jamnagar districts of Gujarat, officials said Monday.
The mishaps took place last night when two persons
were killed in separate incidents in Gadhada taluka of
Bhavnagar which received 21 mms of rain yesterday, they said.
Bhura Bharwad (40) was killed when a tree fell on him
in Vanali village following strong winds and rains.
While, a 22-year-old youth drowned in a river due to
strong under currents in Radiyamana village of Gadhada, they
In Jamnagar which received 55 mm rainfall yesterday, a
29-year-old woman Devuben Bharwad died after being struck by
The incident took place in Rajasthali village of
Kalavad when Devuben was working in the field, district
According to state Emergency Operations Cell, in the
last 24 hours the highest rainfall has been recorded in Upleta
taluka of Rajkot at 69 mm, followed by Uchchhal (51mm) and
Nizer (61mm) in Tapi district, Vanthali (50mm) in Junagadh and
Babra (40mm) and Bagasra (40) in Amreli district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31